Check Out the Iron Man VR Launch Trailer
Iron Man VR is set to launch later today and Marvel Studios released a trailer last week that gives us a glimpse into the huge world, deep combat as well as all-star cast of the much-anticipated VR game. The trailer offers a sneak peek into what you can expect from the full game.
A free demo of the game on PlayStation Store was met with a largely positive response from the community, particularly the game’s combat and flight controls along with its built-for-VR cinematics and the three-dimensional HUD. The demo is quite lengthy and left many wondering what the size of the game’s full release would be.
The video revealed details about the story and also showcased the new game scenes. In Iron Man VR, you are going to encounter many of the well-known characters. You will also experience an independent plot at the center of which will be the mysterious antagonist Ghost.
The developer Camouflaj Sony has described it as the “ultimate Iron Man virtual reality game” that offers fans a “deeply meaningful Tony Stark story”. According to the developer, they had initially wanted a campaign that would span about 4 to 5 hours but the average playtimes will be double this according to the recent playtest data that the developer has gleaned so far. This means the campaign will last anywhere from 8 to 10 hours.
The creepy Ghost will be planning conspiracy and wants to beat the superhero at his own game by using old Stark Industries technology against Iron Man.
In Iron Man VR, the player will be fighting the Ghost’s minions as well as technology from the air using special flight and combat maneuvers and weapons. Your hands are transformed into flight jets that you can control using the Move controllers. You can test this out and see how it works using the free Iron Man VR demo.
You can also modify and upgrade your own combat armor provided you collect the research points in the game.
There will be two versions of Iron Man VR including the standard version and the digital deluxe version. The latter offers several features including unique combat armor. To Play Iron Man VR, you will need a 3D controller. You can’t play the game without it.
Big and Open Environments
From the trailer, you can see the massive and great-looking environments that you will fly around at very high speeds. To achieve this, the developers at Camouflaj had to build environments that were several times the size of that of their first game, Republique. According to the developers, you can fit a total of 23 of Republique’s entire world instances into the initial Malibu environment. The Marvel landscapes have been rendered beautifully in Iron Man VR. These included the following: –
- H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier: This has been fully realized and you will be flying in and out of it. It has been done with a very high level of detail.
- Shanghai: According to the developers, this was their most ambitious environment yet and it provides players with a unique sensation of the player flying through a high density of downtown that has lots of tall buildings that the player can weave through.
- Stark Facility: The decommissioned Stark Industries is another elaborately built environment. The space is more compact, accommodating just 3 Republique worlds, but it offers an exhilarating environment where you can play one of the Combat Challenges. The final game will include other environments that you will get to see later today.
- Depth of Combat: In the demo, the Combat Challenge was unlockable but you can expect the moment-to-moment combat in the game to be more intense and with lots of depth. Some of the baseline mechanics in the game include Boost, Rocket Punch, Auxilliary weapon, Ground pound and Unibeam.
- Tony’s Garage & Armor Station: Marvel beautifully merges great action scenes with relatable character drama. The Iron Man VR action moments have merged with Tony Stark’s personal story as he struggles with himself.
- Cast of Characters: It is an eclectic mix. The story casts players as Stony Stark and gets them up close with the classic Marvel characters like Nick Fury, Pepper Potts and FRIDAY.