Sony Announces New PlayStation VR Mega Pack for Europe
Sony Europe has announced a new PlayStation VR Mega Pack via its blog. The package includes the virtual reality headset, the tracking camera and five games. Players may also need to purchase the Move motion controller although most of the PSVR games can be controlled via the conventional gamepad.
Sony Interactive Entertainment usually promotes its PlayStation VR virtual reality headset around the festive season by rewarding buyers with a nice Mega pack.Apart from the headset and the PlayStation Camera, the Mega Pack also includes five popular experiences. Today’s European Mega Pack also features some videogame alterations with two of last year’s offerings not included in this year’s package.
The Mega Pack includes the following videogames:-
- Astro Bot: Rescue Mission: This is one of the best platform games ever and you will love how it optimally uses your virtual presence as well as your controllers in the game.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR: This offers you Skyrim in virtual reality.
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard: Immerse yourself fully in the horror with the virtual reality version of Resident Evil.
- PlayStation VR Worlds: Explore what you can do with your PSVR headset by playing through some five miniature experiences.
- Everybody’s Golf VR: The popular cartoon golf series has also been offered as part of the Mega Pack. The game even lets you swing your Move controllers to bring that realistic feel in the mechanics. Alternatively, you can choose to stick with the DualShock depending on your preferences.
Sony is yet to divulge the specific release timing for this year’s VR Mega Pack. It simply states that the offer will be available in “autumn”. It has however stated that the Mega Pack will be available in multiple countries. Last year’s Mega Pack was only released in Europe and it appears that will also be the case this year. If you are looking for some generous PlayStation offers in North America, check out the Black Friday PS4 deals for 2019 and grab some huge savings.
Last year’s PlayStation Mega Pack included games such as Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Doom VFR, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, WipEout Omega Collection and PlayStation VR Worlds. The lineup is still great in 2019 but variety is lacking in the videogame offerings.
The new PlayStation bundle will also be an attempt by Sony Interactive Entertainment to boost its PSVR sales figures during the Christmas season. In March 2019, Sony announced that it had sold slightly over 4 million PSVR units and the company seems keen on building on the popularity of the platform while also continuing its investments in VR.
While there is no PSVR2 in sight, a PS5 is certainly in the offing and it will be compatible with the original PSVR. So even if you purchase your PlayStation VR headset now, you will still enjoy long term use with it with even better graphics as Sony updates its gaming console.