Win a $10,000 Prize with the Extreme VR Challenge
VR Fest and Extreme Tech Challenge join forces to make possible another remarkable edition of the Extreme Virtual Reality Challenge. The contest is an inspirational call for 360° filmmakers and VR studios to use all of their creativity to support environmental causes that involve the ocean and its ecosystems.
The Ocean Gala, Richard Branson, and Virtual Reality
The winner of the Extreme VR Challenge gets a $10,000 cash prize and the opportunity to show its work at The Ocean Gala in San Francisco on December 3rd of 2016. The Ocean Gala will feature Virgin Group Founder, Sir Richard Branson, as the keynote speaker. The winner of this competition will also be able to compete in the main Extreme VR Challenge program and get the chance to win a special invitation to attend the VR Lounge on Necker Island in February of 2017.
The Second Annual Ocean Gala is a fundraising event that supports ocean conservation and it is proudly presented by MaiTai Global and OceanElders. People attending will be able to immerse themselves into interactive virtual reality experiences, enjoy an evening filled with music, dancing, and an invaluable insight from the most important people in ocean conservation.
MaiTai Global and OceanElders are a collaborative community of very passionate and committed people. They partnered to bring leaders from all over the world in a joint effort to protect, value, and celebrate the ocean and its rich wildlife.
Extreme Virtua Reality Challenge Rules
- This contest is free to enter and is open to anyone over the age of 18.
- All entrants must complete the Online Registration Form by September 30th, 2016.
- All submissions must use some form of VR and/or AR technology in their delivery.
- All submissions must adhere to the theme of Oceanic Conservation in some way, shape or form.
- VR/AR viewing devices may vary to include mobile, wireless or tethered HMD displays.
- Running time for experiences should be between 3 and 8 minutes in length including credits.
- Once the Online Registration Form is complete, you will be contacted by an official programmer who will make arrangements to have your content viewed for consideration on its intended viewing device.
- Please fill out the form and click SUBMIT to finalize your application.
The Ocean Gala is an invite-only event, it gathers sponsors, donors, and special contributors that support the Oceanic Conservation cause. Last year in its inaugural event, it raised more than $600,000 and this year’s event is aiming to surpass that number. To request an invitation or to ask further information about sponsorship, contact [email protected].https://virtualrealitytimes.com/2016/09/16/win-10000-prize-extreme-vr-challenge/https://virtualrealitytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/image_ExtremeVRChallengeCover.001-600x450.jpghttps://virtualrealitytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/image_ExtremeVRChallengeCover.001-150x90.jpgShows and FairsVR Fest and Extreme Tech Challenge join forces to make possible another remarkable edition of the Extreme Virtual Reality Challenge. The contest is an inspirational call for 360° filmmakers and VR studios to use all of their creativity to support environmental causes that involve the ocean and its ecosystems. The...Pierre PitaPierre Pita[email protected]EditorTrue gamer and very passionate about gadgets and new technologies. Virtual Reality is the future and geeks like us are ruling the World.Virtual Reality Times