Within Launches ‘Supernatural’ In-Home VR Workout Experience for Quest
With countries instituting ever tougher lockdown measures, virtual reality is becoming one of the top outlets for letting off the tension and boredom. Quarantine and lockdown measures also mean that people are spending less time on physical activities that could burn off the calories and keep them fit.
Virtual reality fitness app are becoming increasingly popular in this regard, enabling people, including the lazy bones, to exert themselves in strenuous immersive activities that help them burn their calories. There are popular VR fitness apps such as BoxVR, OhShape and even Beat Saber.
The newest entrant capitalizing on the VR fitness trend and the increasingly sedentary existence that humanity is getting used in the past few months is Within which has just launched an immersive and membership-based VR fitness service known as Supernatural.
Supernatural is a subscription-based service that combines the choreographed and high-intensity workouts with expert guidance that is offered by coaches. It also includes some of the most popular contemporary music as well as stunning landscapes that calm the soul and enable you to have lots of fun while working out.
Supernatural has been designed for Oculus Quest and is paired with the user’s smartphone. The daily workouts in the immersive experience are expertly coached with very detailed fitness tracking as well as an expansive music catalogue. The beautiful immersive landscapes afford you the opportunity to work out in some of the most stunning landscapes in the world from the comfort of your home.
According to Within co-founder Chris Milk, the immersive experience has been designed to foster a long-term commitment in the fitness routine to enable users to derive tangible benefits. It takes the boredom out of the routine by adding more fun to the immersive home fitness routine. Supernatural realizes this by pairing the strenuous calorie-burning interactive physical movements with truly stunning and photoreal landscapes along with energizing music that transports and challenges users to move in ways that drive up the heart rates and tones their muscles. Supernatural also includes daily on-demand workouts in the form of personalized “rhythm maps” that have been designed by choreographers and which are coached by some of the top fitness trainers in the world.
Supernatural has the following features: –
- Daily Workouts: The daily workouts include stunning destinations, expert guidance and popular music.
- Coached Workouts: It has a growing team of fitness coaches that guide the user through the fitness routines including form, breathing and motivation. The user is free to choose a Supernatural Coach who best aligns with their style.
- On-Demand Fitness: This is designed for every muscle group and is the perfect fitness routine to get your heart pumping.
- Dynamic Difficulty: With this, you can keep yourself challenged in real-time. The workout difficulty increases as you improve.
- Travel the World: The immersive experience includes lots stunning photoreal locations including Machu Picchu Ruins, the Great Wall of China and Ethiopia’s Erta Ale Volcano among others.
- Premium Music: The workouts includes music soundtracks from some of the top artists globally. Supernatural has had extensive partnerships with the music industry so you can access a diverse music collection from the Universal Music Group and others.
- Intelligent and Personalized metrics that can calibrate your arm span, height, depth, squats and lunges so that every one of your workouts is both safe and challenging and mapped to uniquely suit your body.
- You can even pair Supernatural with some select Heart Rate Monitors in order to track your progress. There are workout summaries that will also record your accuracy, power and movements.
- Community: There is the Supernatural Companion App for smartphones that enables you to find friends, share your workouts and be featured on a weekly leaderboard if you hit certain fitness milestones.
The development of the Supernatural app started two years ago and creators wanted to build a VR fitness app with a difference; one that would make users fall in love with daily workouts.
The app was also developed under the guidance of physical fitness experts as well as experts in biokinesiology and healthy human movement. Also involved in its creation are some of the top choreographers, artists, engineers and video game designers.
Supernatural is already available on the Oculus Store. To try it out, you can sign up for a 30-day free trial. The founding member rate costs $19 per month. The membership will start automatically and renew once your free trial period is over. You can cancel your Supernatural membership at any time. For additional details, check out www.getsupernatural .com.