ItSeez3D’s Avatar SDK – The Future of 3D Avatars
Avatar SDK is an advanced smartphone-based 3D avatar creation technology that uses A.I. to create photorealistic 3D avatars of people from a single selfie. The app uses deep learning to predict the shape and texture of both a face and a head, length of a nose, form of lips and cheeks. So each avatar turns completely unique and realistic!
Try The Avatar SDK Beta While It’s Still Free
ItSeez3D uses Artificial Intelligence algorithms that can estimate how people look in 3D just by using a photo of them. This method may not be as accurate as Photogrammetry or 3D scanning but it’s fast, easy and quite useful if you need an avatar for 3D games and VR or AR applications.
The current version of the Avatar SDK allows creating avatars with a predefined haircut and up to 6 options to choose from.
The Avatar SDK will be completely free for the entire duration of the beta period. Afterward, it will cost $50 per month for a single subscription that includes 1000 avatars. Any extra avatar will cost only $0.05. The SDK will release for production next month.
“Most of today’s 3D scanning software solutions use depth-sensing cameras to create a 3D model,” said Victor Erukhimov, CEO of Itseez3D. The itSeez3D Avatar SDK doesn’t need a depth sensor, it uses just a smartphone camera and only needs one photo to create a high-quality 3D model of a face. Seeing your digital self that looks exactly like you is really fascinating and enables many applications, including social VR, games, fashion and retail. Having a personalized 3D avatar of yourself creates the next level of immersion and interaction between individuals in the digital environment.”
What is Avatar SDK Capable of?
- Automatic generation of a color 3D face model from a single selfie photo. Works with any frontal photo of a face.
- Unique shape and texture a head are unique for each person and are synthesized with a deep learning algorithm.
- While we are working on improving hair model synthesis, Avatar SDK has a predefined set of hairstyles and colors which you can also use in your application.
- Generated 3D head can be automatically merged with a body model allowing the creation of full-body avatars with a full support of skeletal animation.
- 3D reconstruction pipeline in the cloud with an easy to use Web API, scalable to whatever throughput required.
The web-based version of the Avatar SDK is available here. Sign up and get early access to the Avatar SDK.